Monday, April 18, 2011

Extreme Couponing...

Have you seen this new craze Extreme Couponing on TLC Wednesday and Sunday nights?  I have watched it once and it just amazes me how these families are able to but over $1,200.00 worth of groceries for $100.00.  However, I don't find it complete necessary to buy 44 bottles of mustard.  This "couponing" is a full-time job in itself.  These families plan their trips out before they go and there is a lot of prep work that goes into their shopping trips.
This "extreme couponing" seems to be almost a hoarding disease.  Who needs over 100 rolls of toilet paper shoved under their 3 year old's bed?  Regardless, it was intriguing to watch them safe an abundance of money.
After watching the show I "googled" couponing.  I came across a blog,  Couponing 101.  The blog updates your on weekly/daily deals/sales.  Some posts are broken down by individual store's sale.  The author of the blogger also attaches coupons with the sales to save additional money.
I can't say that I will ever save over 90% of my grocery bill, but I will take tips that Couponing 101 has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment