Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hacker McHacker

This morning my email account was hacked into and everyone on my contact list received the following:

Hello

I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's because of the situation of things right now, I'm stuck in Cardiff Wales with Family right now, we came down here on vacation we were robbed, the situation seems worse as bags,cash ,credit cards and cell phone were stolen at GUN POINT, It's such a crazy experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is that we still have our passport but don't have enough money to get our flight ticket back home, please i need you to loan me some money, I will reimburse you right as soon as I'm back home. I promise

Thanks In Advance 
Casey

Of course I was not thrilled when my phone started going off at 6 a.m. with text messages and phone calls to let me know about the email.  It became quite annoying within no time.  However, as the day went on I realized how many people that haven't heard from me in a while were so concerned.  I began to think how lucky I am!  If I was to ever find myself in a bind I know that there are SO many people who would have my back.  I am truly blessed with such wonderful, supportive, loving family and friends.

Who would have ever thought that a SPAM email would remind me of my blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment