Monday, March 7, 2011

Keep Your Chin Up

As, I read Fitness Magazine in bed on this rainy Sunday morning.  I came across an article I wanted to share; however, I am having a hard time finding it on Fitness Magazine's website.  For those of you who have the magazine (or decide to get it) the article starts on page 110 of the March 2011 issue.


The subtitle reads "A few choice words can turn a downpour of negative thoughts into a sunshiny day.  Learn to tape the power of mantras."

The basis of the article is finding your own mantras to void out negative energy.  For those of you who aren't sure of the meaning a mantra is a sound, syllable, word or group of words that are considered to be capable of creating transformation (spiritual transformation).  The use of mantras are now widespread which are based on the the practices in earlier Eastern traditions and religion.

Now, the key to creating the correct mantra is to NOT place a negative in your series of words.  For example if you are trying to eat better don't say "I am not going to allow my job to stress me out" but say "I am going to remain relaxed in my job."  Think of the Little Engine that Could....



No comments:

Post a Comment