Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Hour

First of all, why do we call it Happy Hour and not HAPPY HOURS!!  Let's be honest it has never lasted for a hour.  My maternal grandparents would always have happy hour and sometimes they would just drink their dinner.  Cheers to that!  Now, I have a better understand of where I get it from......


I have certainly found that I have a tendency to leave my information (phone number and email address) at local bars around the city.  I can't complain one bit about doing so!!  I have won two happy hours!  My first was at Calico Jacks on Saturday February 19th.  I drank for free from 10 pm - 1 am while my friends drank for half off OR for $30 could have an open bar during the time frame.  I mean how could you not!?!?  I had over 10 people come which I then received a $25 certificate for the next time I dine at CJ's.

Tonight's Happy Hour is at the Irish Exit.  They are offering pretty much the same deal as above.  I drink for free from 6-9pm and my friends drink half off.  Once again if I have 10 friends attend I will get a $25 gift certificate.  After 9 the bar has $1 mugs of beer and $5 bombs - now that sounds like a recipe for a disaster to me!

However, what is great about this is that it gets my friends and I to come together when we necessarily might not of had plans to do so. 

My younger sister who normally calls me and asks me where I am going tonight would probably agree that this picture explains me...
.
Basically she believes I am lush just because I have a pretty lively social life....



No comments:

Post a Comment