"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
“When one door closes another door opens, but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”
~Alexaner Graham Bell~
~Alexaner Graham Bell~
We too often are attached to the past, to what we are fimiliar and comfortable with; therefore, we may miss opportunities that are right in front of us! Those two quotes are so true! When a door closes we tend to dwell on the past and forgot that a new door has been opened. The world is full of opportunities, if we could only see them.
We need to learn to except that not all of our plans will work out. We will have losses, failures, problems in relationships, and sometimes unpleasant occurances. It needs to be accepte that we will not always have control over these happenings; however, we can excercise control with our attitude and our attention we display. When something doesn't go according to "plan" we focus our attention on that loss (closed door) which causes frustration and unhappiness. Yet, if we could only divert our attention off away (from that closes door) we could surprise ourselves with a new discovery (new open doors).
This is not something that can easily be accomplished...it hard to let go and move away from the attachment of fimiliarity and toward the fear of the unkown.
Now you ask how can you be set free of those past attachments? How can you bring yourself to realize, see, and enter the new doors of opportunites have been opened for you?
Well, there is some much need effort on you part:
1. You will need to be more aware of your thoughts.
2. Desire to free yourself from thoughts that keep you stuck in one place.
3. Develop some degree of self discipline.
4. Develop some concentration ability and control over your mind.
5. Take advantage of the power of affirmation and visualization.
6. Some degree of inner peace is also required. Since inner peace helps you reject unwanted, negative thoughts, and become more open-minded, positive and happy. When you experience inner peace, it would be easier for you to detach yourself from the past, keep an open mind, and therefore see more clearly the new doors that open for you.