Monday, February 21, 2011

Just Breathe

Are you feeling stressed, anxious, overwhelmed?  Just take a few deep breaths and you will begin to relax. Close your eyes, inhale through your nose, hold till the count of 4, and exhale through your mouth.  Repeat.  Zone out your surroundings. Feel your body relaxing.  Listen to your breathe. 



O.K. so maybe that didn't solve your problems, but you can't deny that it didn't relax you a little!  I am one who relies on my breath (alright, then again, who doesn't it?).  I have suffered with anxiety in the past and every time I felt anxious, I became uncomfortable in my own skin.  My heart would be racing as if it was going to jump out of my chest.  In order to calm myself (hoping the anxiousness wouldn't lead to an anxiety attack) I would close my eyes and focus on my breathing (sometimes this would take 10-15 minutes before I could begin to relax).  But it truly helped me! It is amazing what a little breathing can do! 

So, remember to just breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment